Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just say yes

Today is March 25. Exactly nine months before Christmas. Thus, we celebrate the Feast of the Annunciation. When Mother Mary said yes to God and, as we say in every Angelus, conceived by the Holy Spirit.

I've never commemorated this day before, March 25. I've never thought to celebrate the Annunciation. It was always just a mystery in the Rosary to me. But how wonderful it was to learn about it in mass today. For it was this thought that I took with me as I started studying for my final exam in human ontogeny and parturition. I thought, if I had to learn about the conception, fetal development, and birth of a mother to her child, might as well be that of the Mother Mary and her Baby Jesus, right?

I've been dreading the thought of having to take finals. But it doesn't seem so bad now. This was the new perspective that I needed. Thank You.

6 comments:

  1. for all that has been,thank you. for all that will be, yes :D :D

    God bless mindy!will be praying for you.

    p.s. may ioorganize pa tayong choir.hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite quotes from the talk. Thanks. :) Onga, practice na tayo ng summer ah. Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also realized on that day that the Annunciation is my favorite joyful mystery, in fact my favorite rosary mystery. Ay my favorite life mystery pala! Just saying YES makes a whole lot of difference. Like saying YES to Papa. That's why I have you and Little Baby Brother. And of course YES to God when I joined Evangelion. You know of course, that the image of the Annunciation is the Foundations's logo. Liz Gilbert's saying YES to God is also why I got hooked to her book. YES is powerful. And as Spiderman says... with great power comes great responsibility. Saying YES is a huge responsibility. I hope LBB comes to that realization too. Sana...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minds,

    Favor, can you make me a blog page like this? I'd also like to write my thoughts down. I felt the need yesterday. I just wrote them on a word doc.

    Thanks. Love you,

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, mom. I loved everything you said. I'll share with you something.. During his talk, Mr. Pagsi quoted the prayer of a certain UN speaker. He prayed, "For all that has been, THANK YOU. And for all that will be, YES." Isn't it beautiful? :)

    And sure, I'll make you a blog. I've long thought that you should have one. Let's talk about it. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was Dag Hammarskjold, Swedish diplomat, who was once Secretary General of the United Nations who said that. He is often quoted in speeches.

    For the blog that will be ... YES! and thank you.

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete